Monday, July 23, 2012

"The Dark Knight Rises" First Thoughts

































So I was able to see The Dark Knight Rises early. I actually thought it was pretty good. I can see where some of the Bad Reviews are coming from but I still really enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight but it's still a good movie. First off Christian Bale still plays a good Batman, even though he still does the voice.

Tom Hardy does a great job as Bane, it's the closest we've ever gotten to the Bane from the comics. I don't understand why all these people have such a hard time understanding what he's saying. I could understand him, but that might be because I didn't see it in IMAX. Also the reason I said closest to the comic is that a certain plot twist at the end kind of diminishes his character to the point he nearly becomes the Bane from Batman and Robin.

















Anne Hathaway does a good job as Selina Kyle, and Cillian Murphy does a good job as Scarecrow but once again he doesn't get much screen time and he doesn't even appear as Scarecrow. Who I was really surprised by was John Blake played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I actually liked a lot. He's essentially Tim Drake with a bit of Terry McGinnis thrown in. I was also surprised how many elements were taken from Knightfall, which was a good thing. I'm not sure what else to say but go see it, and form your own opinions.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment