Saturday, October 6, 2012

"Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" First Thoughts

























So yeah, I haven't updated in two weeks. Once again my job is taking up a lot of my free time, and it's hard to find the time to do the weekly comic reviews. I'm going to try to get a couple of Halloween themed reviews out in the coming weeks. Anyway I'm sure your not here to listen to me talk about my life so let's get into my thoughts about the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle show.

When I first heard about this I wasn't sure what to think. I heard it was going to be a CGI show which I didn't really thinks was a good idea. I still kinda don't, and I'm kinda getting sick of the over exposure of CGI shows like Transformers Prime, Green Lantern the Animated Series, and the New Batman show is going to be CGI too. I'm not saying I don't like these shows I just prefer normal Animation. Despite the fact I wasn't 100% behind the CGI I think it actually looks pretty good. It's Cel-Shaded look mixed with it's Anime-esque character movements makes it look almost like a regular cartoon.


















I actually liked this show. I think they got the characters down good, and updated them. I think they took the best elements from each version of the Turtles and mixed them together. I especially like this version Michelangelo although he keeps reminding me of Beast Boy from Teen Titans. It doesn't help that they have the same voice actor. I do have some negatives like the fact that they de-aged April O'Neil so there could be a side-plot about Donatello liking her. I 'm not really sure why they did this but last time they changed a major element of the Turtles for a romantic side-plot we got Venus, and the less said about the Next Mutation the better.

I also don't like how they brought back Kraang. Instead of being one alien in a robot suit he's a bunch of aliens in robot suits. Which means they're essentially the Utrom from the 2003 series. Although I do like them more then the Utrom, and there dialogue is hilarious. Overall I think this show is worth checking out if your a Turtles fan, and I recommend it although I think some fans will cry foul because it's not what there use to. Which I thinks is a shame. Anyway I'll see you next time where I will review something for Halloween, and also take a look at Arrow.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment