Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Crisis on Two Earths" First Thoughts

























---SPOILER WARNING---

So yeah, I'm really late on this one. I mean this is almost three years old. But anyway today I was finally able to watch the new, well not so new now, Justice League movie. I really liked this. I liked the story. It has really good characters, and it was overall very enjoyable. The best part of this movie is James Woods as Owlman. Owlman is one of the most interesting villains I've ever seen. Another good character is the Flash played by Josh Keaton. Despite being the comic relief he is actually pretty funny, and he did a great job.















We also see a bunch of parallel versions of characters we know in the DC Universe, such as Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Ravager, and even Elongated Man. I also like that for the most part every parallel version has a different costume, and not just the same costume but recolored like in "Deep Cover for Batman." One of the best moments is when Wonder Woman pulls a Bane, and hits Evil Vixen's back with her knee to "knock" her out. There are some problems, It does feel a bit rushed, it really doesn't have that much character development, and it doesn't really give us a reason to care about what happens to the Parallel Earth.















There is a romance between Martian Manhunter and the parallel version of Rose Wilson that doesn't really go anywhere, and some of the motivations don't really make sense. One of the most glaring problem is that Batman technically kills both Owlman and Johnny Quick, more so with Johnny Quick. It's like doesn't care since this is Parallel earth. Anyway that's all I have to say, It has some problems but overall I recommend it.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment