Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Opinion on Spider-Island







































Ultimate Spider-Man may be dead but the original Marvel universe's Spider-Man lives on and it's asking the question "What if everyone in New York had Spider-Man's powers?" I'm not going to lie when I first heard about this I thought It was stupid, but my opinion has changed. Last week I got the free preview of Spider-Island, and it got me hyped. The story is everyone in New York gets "infected," and Jameson quarantine's the city. It's an interesting dynamic, the people of New York don't have Uncle Ben's words of wisdom or Peter's understanding that the powers are a curse as well as a gift. Other heroes, like Captain America for example, are also going to get Spider powers.






































Spider-Island will also mark the return of Miles Warren A.K.A. The Jackel who was responsible for Clone Saga, he will also apparently play a big role in Spider-Island. Among those who get powers is Carlie Cooper who is Peter Parker's current girlfriend. I like the character, however the events leading to them going out, One More Day, is still stupid.

Overall I think this is going to be awesome, and I'm also looking forward to some of the tie-ins such as "Spider-Island: Deadly Foes #1" and "Venom #6." Anyway, keep on swinging!






































Read my review of "Ultimate Spider-Man #160" here

No comments:

Post a Comment