Friday, June 15, 2012

Ghostbusters #1 Review































---SPOILER WARNING---

I actually wasn't a big fan of the Ghostbusters when I was a kid. I can't really recall seeing the movies until I was a teenager, and I don't remember a whole lot about "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon I watched when I was really young. So that might be why, but after I watched the movie I became a fan. So I picked this up around Halloween last year because I like reading these kind of comics in Fall to get me in the mood. So let's see if this is any good.

The comic open's with a dream sequence where the Ghostbusters are on a talk show and the host is there secretary Janine. Gozer is in the crowd and asks Ray the same question that it asked him in the movie but this time he say's the opposite of what he said in the movie and Gozer call's him a lier, and blasts him threw a wall.

















Ray climbs back up, but we are suddenly at the roof of building from the first movie, and Gozer takes the form the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man again but this time it has Ray's face. Ray has no idea what's going on, and he is then greeted by the ghost of Jake Blues from the Blues Brothers who calls him his brother. I see what they did there but that just blows my mind. Does that mean the Blues Brother's is in continuity with the Ghostbusters or is it a reference. Anyway Ray wakes up, and the next day he get's Egon to check to see if he's okay.

Meanwhile a representative of F.Z. Foods (which owns Stay Puft Marshmallow) is in his bathroom shaving when a ghost named Indulas posses him. Later Winston and Janine are talking when a kid comes, and tells them about a ghost haunting the apartment building he's in. Winston get's Venkman and they go investigate. They find the place covered in slime, and the comic ends with the ghost being revealed to be a really pissed off Slimer.
























This comic was actually pretty good. It did a good job at introducing us to all of the Ghostbusters, and they all have good character moments. The art is amazing, and it captures the tone of the movies perfectly. Overall it's a great book and I highly recommend it.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment