Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Opinion on "Before Watchmen"







































When I first heard about the possibility of a Watchmen prequel I was quick to dismiss it. I mean Alan Moore would never let anyone else "taint" one of his storys. But DC has announced 7 miniseries as well as an epilogue staring various characters from Watchmen called Before Watchmen. That's right there is going to be a Watchmen prequel. The specific miniseries are going to be Rorschach, Minutemen, Comedian Dr. Manhattan, Nite Owl, Ozymandias, and Silk Spectre.






































I'm really not sure how to feel about this. I mean on the one hand it could be cool to learn more about the characters, then on the other hand I don't want it if it ruins what we already knew about the characters. They really have to be careful otherwise this will be the Star Wars prequels all over again. The whole thing is kinda pointless anyway since everything we needed to know about the characters and there back story's are already there. But I wouldn't be a good comic fan if I didn't read them, at the very least The Rorschach one and the Minutemen one. Anyway I think I'm done for now except for one more tiny problem. The new DC logo sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment