Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Forgotten Megaman Comic: Megaman X Down Time
















So if you have been reading this blog at all you may have noticed that I like the Megaman video game series. So In order to celebrate Mega-May I thought I would talk about an old comic that may be lost to time. Before the days of Megaman Megamix or The Archie Megaman comic little old pre-teen me had to turn to the internet for my Megaman Comic Fix, and that is where I discovered a little comic called Megaman X Downtime.













I discovered this comic threw the Megaman Homepage's link section it was hosted on the Stage-Select site. As the title would suggest it takes place during the downtime of Megaman X Command Mission, and stars the various characters from that game. It was a pretty funny comic from what I remember and had the cast participating in a whole lot of hijinks. The art was pretty good for a web comic as well.

























Now sadly though the full comic might be a bit hard to find. Around 2011-2012-ish the Stage Select site went down and for what I was able to find out the full comic may be lost to time. I looked through google and forums and every link I could find only turned out to be a dead end. Thanks to the Wayback Machine though I was able to get find some of the pages however there wasn't much most of the pages were broken or were unable to load.

























Out of the 71 pages I could only find 7 and some art. I also tried to look up the Author/Artist and was able to find a twitter account with the same name and went to their site because they were also an Artist but I couldn't tell if it was the same person and I saw nothing about Downtime. To be honest if it was the same person though I can't really blame them if they don't want to talk about this comic that they apparently did when they were in Highschool, according to the post on the site. (Man I wish I was that talented in Highschool) I can speak from experience that you are alot more harsh on your earlier stuff because you've grown so much in that time. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Either way if for some reason you are reading this I just wanted to say that I loved this comic when I was younger and I hope you all the best in the future. I just wanted to share something that meant alot to me in and maybe lost to time. Have a Happy Mega-May!











1 comment:

  1. hey do you want the full comic? I managed to download it long long time ago `3` if you're still here just follow this link to my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/csz2mtq6b1vmdxy/AABkgVaihZ31_eRaGvcERks0a?dl=0

    ReplyDelete